Ever wondered what it would be like to eat butter straight from the stick or snack on blue cheese salad dressing…by itself? Then do we have the diet for you! Sold as a magic bullet for weight loss, the ketogenic diet promises health results like you’ve never seen and you can eat whatever you want, so long as you never want any carbohydrates. Join us as we chew the fat on the ketogenic diet.
Chew On This:
- Taco Recipe (with homemade margs) from How Sweet it Is
- Homemade margarita recipe (for those of us 21 and over): tequila, orange liqueur, pure lime juice, freshly squeezed limes/oranges, agave, and ice.
- Abbasi, J. (2018). Interest in the Ketogenic Diet Grows for Weight Loss and Type 2 Diabetes. Jama, 319(3), 215. http://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.20639
- Gibson, A. A., Seimon, R. V., Lee, C. M. Y., Ayre, J., Franklin, J., Markovic, T. P., … Sainsbury, A. (2015). Do ketogenic diets really suppress appetite? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Obesity Reviews, 16(1), 64–76. http://doi.org/10.1111/obr.12230
- Bueno, N. B., De Melo, I. S. V., De Oliveira, S. L., & Da Rocha Ataide, T. (2013). Very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet v. low-fat diet for long-term weight loss: A meta-analysis of Randomised controlled trials. British Journal of Nutrition, 110(7), 1178–1187. http://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114513000548
- Wheless, J. W. (2008). History of the ketogenic diet. Epilepsia, 49(s8), 3–5. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1528-1167.2008.01821.x
- Jaclyn London on the Ketogenic Diet: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/a47695/what-is-the-keto-diet/